Monday, October 6, 2008

Oct 7, 2008 A place to share and vent

This is the first of what I hope to be many entries. I created this blog to be a place to document the difficulties, triumphs, and frustrations of being a 30 something woman who has been told that she is menopausal. My hope is to relieve my own stress and let other women going through premature menopause know that they aren't alone as well as documenting this journey for my daughters.

The last two years have found me skipping periods for long periods of time and having a period that lasted 5 weeks. I have been diagnosed with PCOS, had an ovary removed because of a beneign tumor, and then been diagnosed with menopause after being on progesterone for several months and having severe PMS and depression with the hormones. I was also on metformin for a few days, but got so sick from it that I quit taking it.

I recently started reading a book that suggests that testosterone with estrogen is the best therapy for menopausal women. I looked up the suggested website for finding a Dr. that specializes in the care of menopausal women. I will be traveling about an hour and a half to go see a Dr. in Dec.

That is a brief outline of what is going on. Later I will go into more detail (not too much), on how my health problems have affected my marriage and what we are doing to try to fix the problem. I have been dealing with symptoms for years and didn't realize it until they were so severe and obvious that I had to do something about it.

No comments: