Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Today I started a diet under the direction of a Dr. in Georgia. He is a Chinese medicine Dr. as well as a gastrointerologist and a research Dr. 

The herbal elixir I have to drink is nasty! But I think over time it will become more palatable. I am on a strict 1000 calorie diet with the elixer taken two or three times a day. The elixer is supposed to speed up the weight loss and curb the hunger in between meals. I am also taking a water pill in the morning and I drink LOTS of water throughout the day. I am hungry but I am pushing through this!! I will lose this weight!!! 

Today I walked 4 miles!! WooHoo!! Hey that's a pretty big deal for me!! I am a little sun damaged from the walk. I bought the nordic walking poles last night  and tried them out today! Pretty amazing gadgets. I felt like they forced me to stand up straighter while I walked. My oldest daughter also tried them out and really liked them, I used them for a mile of the walk she used them the other 3 miles. I think she needs to get her own!

I will try to keep this updated on my journey through this plan! Please feel free to comment and leave words of encouragement--I'll need them!!!

2 comments:

ErinMaeB said...

That is awesome!! I hope that everything goes well with this new doctor. With all your walking you will be doing, you will be all trained to come down in December for the Arlington Winter Run. Michael and Ben did it last year and had a blast.

Nick + Liz said...

Good luck! You can do it!

your cousin, Nick